- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:49:21 +0000: Resurrecting the Poker No Limit vs Limit Argument - Titan Poker News Feed
Posted by Steve Ruddock, September 1, 2014
No Limit Hold'em is the current king of the poker world; it supplanted Limit Hold'em during the Poker Boom and became the most popular poker format out there. But is No Limit a better format than the one it replaced? It's back to the poker no limit vs limit argument.
- Sun, 31 Aug 2014 08:40:15 +0000: Andrey Chvorda "Mpa3ykus" Wins in 1 Hand of Heads-Up - Titan Poker News Feed
Posted by Bradley, August 31, 2014
It only took one hand of heads-up play for Russian player Andrey Chvorda to win the €20,000 GTD tournament on August 16th. Andrey, who plays at Titan Poker with the nickname "Mpa3ykus", had outlasted a starting field of 288 players in the €75 buy-in freezeout event and made short work of "FeedDaGreek", his final opponent, for the win.
Andrey had previously won the same Saturday night €20,000 GTD tournament on July 26th, for the same prize.
- Wed, 27 Aug 2014 06:58:50 +0000: Evolution of Ape to Man; Poker Evolution from Fish to Shark - Titan Poker News Feed
Posted by Lee Davy, August 27, 2014
If poker is a microcosm of life then the evolution of poker follows the same process of natural selection. Evolution of ape to man has been dissected and discussed to death. But the evolution from fish to shark - where only those most adaptable to change will make it through the process of poker evolution - now that’s a subject that is rarely explored.
- Sun, 24 Aug 2014 08:42:03 +0000: Austrian Player Christian Huber "chrisu170175" Multi-Tables - Titan Poker News Feed
Posted by Bradley, August 24, 2014
Austrian poker player Christian Huber, who plays at Titan Poker under the nickname "chrisu170175", had a very good weekend at the beginning of August. He finished 3rd in the €100K Depositor FR Series #1 freeroll, a tournament guaranteeing €20,000 in prizes as part of the €100,000 Depositors Freeroll Series promotion. And, Christian was simultaneously playing the S.P. Sunday Special, a two-day event with over €121,000 in guaranteed prizes.
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:22:12 +0000: A Lot More Blood than Aces - Titan Poker News Feed
Posted by Ellis Shuman, August 20, 2014
The story of American gambling icon Lester Ben "Benny" Binion is related in the biography Blood Aces: The Wild Ride of Benny Binion, the Texas Gangster Who Created Vegas Poker by Doug J. Swanson (Viking Adult, August 2014). There is a lot more blood than aces in this tale of the man who not only put Las Vegas on the gambling map, but also created the World Series of Poker.